Tuesday 17 January 2012

UGLY GIRL


Last Friday, I glued myself to Killer Bee’s Friday madness; my Friday would not be complete if I don't listen to them, they make me sick. Especially every Friday they play nothing but the best songs back from the 90’s and since a part of me is from that generation, believe me, you just want to stick your ears to the amp listening to them.

I was stuck with this track Ugly Girl, the song may seem inedible but for me its one of the greatest aside from the fact that I’m a fan of this talented singer-songwriter and pianist, FIONA APPLE.

Here goes the lyrics..

When I saw you at the grocery store
You were sharin a shopping cart with her
And I couldn’t turn and run away
I didn’t know what to say

You introduced us for the first time
And I had to look her in the eye
But you could not have imagined my surprise
Can’t you see?
You’re leaving me...
For an ugly girl

Does she talk about politics?
And all that stuff that used to makes me sick
Does she smoke cigars and stay up late
Oh she’s so great

Does she tell you what you want to hear?
And I bet she could grow a beard
I feel better thinking you were queer
It’s not fair
I can’t compare...

To an ugly girl
To an ugly girl
Lalalalalala lalalalalalala lalalalalalalala
Lalalalalalala
Lalalalalalalala
Lalalalalala

Hahaha, haha the joke's on me
I feel jealous and I feel mean
She’s so nice,That it makes up for her face
There’s no way,
do you have to keep your eyes closed
Do you have to keep the lights down low?
Oh I bet you wish you had a blind fold
can't you see,
you’re leaving me...

For an ugly girl
For an ugly girl
She’s an ugly girl
A real ugly girl
Lalalalalalala lalalalalala lalalalalala lalalalalalala
She’s an ugly girl
An ugly girl ahh huhhh



This song I would say is way too harsh but nonetheless it is on my playlist. Hope you will listen to it too..

Visit Fiona Apple’s official website, http://www.fiona-apple.com/ 


XO,
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment